9.16.2008

I HATE STAIRS!!

So I will admit to all that I am clumsy. I have never been very graceful, and I really just go about things without really paying attention, so it was inevitable that I would fall and hurt myself. This last Saturday, I was cleaning the house and doing laundry- being a good wife- and as I was going down the stairs my slipper caught the stair and my ankle went forward with a pop, the laundry basket (with about 20lbs of clothes I might add) landed on my foot, I yelled in pain. Ok, I screamed and cried and threw a fit. Anyways, that brought the kids over to check on me and they too landed on my foot. So, being the big boy he is, Tommy took control of the situation. He called Josh and told him to come home cuz I fell and hurt myself.
Josh got home, carried me up the stairs and took me to the urgent care. 6 xrays and 3 hours later I was wheeled out of the urgent care with a snazzy boot for my ankle. Thankfully there was no noticeable break, but the doc said I had to wear the boot until they figured out if there was a small break. I'm guessing there wasn't cuz my foot feels lots better, and they never called.
I have NEVER sprained an ankle before, and I don't ever want to do it again. IT HURTS!!!

Ok, so I had to whine a little and let everyone know that I am the world's biggest clutz and that it was doing laundry that did it. Stinking laundry!!!!!

Its ok if you laugh- I am!!!

2 comments:

Mohna said...

Just another reason to hate laundry!! I'm just glad you didn't break your foot! I hope you're milkin' it for all its worth though!

IRISH BERNT'S said...

THAT SUCKS-LAUNDRY WILL HURT YOU EVERYTIME. I HOPE IT IS FEELING BETTER. LOVE YA!