4.15.2009
Happy Easter
I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. It's one of my favorite holidays, just because its a national day to celebrate our Savior, Jesus Christ. It's one thing to celebrate something in your home, with your family, but to have Christ's death and resurrection acknowledged and celebrated world wide is just fantastic. It's one of those times when we are of one mind and the world just seems a little bit better- even for just one day.
We had a great Easter. Saturday was the day for dying the eggs. I was by myself for this one so the kids only got 4 eggs each to dye- it was enough for me!! But they had fun, and made a huge mess- that's really all that matters right? (who cares about a mother's sanity)
Then Sunday we woke up early to get all dolled up. I love to get the girls dolled up for Church, they only let me on rare occasions and this was one of them so I took advantage of it. Josh and I bought the kids new Church clothes. A tradition passed down to always get a new Easter dress every year. I even got one-- LIME GREEN!! Timothy picked it out. I know you think I'm crazy for letting a toddler determine my wardrobe, but I let him pick between two that I liked- he did a good job!!
After church we went to Grammy's house for fun in the sun- i know it was odd to have sunshine and warmth- then easter egg hunt, and a fabulous dinner. I love spending time with family.
And to my mom and dad and brother and sister and their families--I love you too!!
I couldn't get the best pictures of their outfits, but I promise I will!! Family pictures will come soon, as soon as it warms up a little.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Even though coloring eggs can be messy I just love Easter time!! (Maybe it's because it means it's getting warm!!) I love your "rainbow egg"!
they are just too darned cute!!! I love them too much
Post a Comment