Happy Independence Day!
We had so many activities going on to celebrate our country's birthday. First, we got to play with fireworks and sparklers at Grammy's house. Josh had to go back to work so we played a little early. One of his favorite things is to play with fireworks, so we bought plenty and had lots of fun. The kids especially loved getting to "write" with their sparklers!
We had so many activities going on to celebrate our country's birthday. First, we got to play with fireworks and sparklers at Grammy's house. Josh had to go back to work so we played a little early. One of his favorite things is to play with fireworks, so we bought plenty and had lots of fun. The kids especially loved getting to "write" with their sparklers!

On July 4th we woke up to sunshine and excitement. We met up with our good friends, the Lovell's, and went to the parade in Inkom for a change. We sat on the road under the underpass which was very different from what we normally do. It had it's ups and downs- it was cool and shady, and we were close to the front of the parade, but it was dirty and there were a lot of cars. We made do, and once the parade started it was all smiles. My BFF, Mohna and her son Josh, were in the parade too- so that was really fun. We got LOTS of candy.
Too cool off I took the kids to Ross Park Pool. The water was very cold, but it didn't bother us. We played for a few hours and got sunburned- of course- then headed to meet up with Grammy and Papa to go see BRAVE. We loved that movie. After the movie we headed to a good, old fashioned American meal- yep, we went to Mandarin House and had Chinese!! It was odd, but we scarfed our food down. Then we headed to the fairgrounds...
I'm not sure it would be worth it to actually pay to get in, there wasn't much there. There were a few bouncy house things that the kids liked, but that was it. We met back up with Janette and her kiddos and got to sit where the cops sit. That was nice because we were away from the band, from the smoke and gross people. I think it was the best seat in the house, we were right under the fireworks. I wish I had a picture, but I apparently don't know how to change batteries in cameras because I ran out of battery in Savana's camera, Josh's camera and my phone- YIKES! Oh well, we will all remember it!
Look at that beautiful sunset...





No comments:
Post a Comment